To create a dynamic partnership between parents, students, staff, and school districts to provide a safe, therapeutic, inclusive, and challenging academic environment that addresses the diverse social, emotional, and educational needs of students so that they may achieve success in school, their community, and be prepared to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
At New Alliance Academy, we provide a safe environment which offers intensive therapeutic support while challenging students to grow academically, socially and emotionally-
- We believe that education and optimal development require cultivation of personal accountability, and the values of respect, individual rights, integrity, honesty, and a healthy balance between independence and interdependence on others.
- We believe in empowering our students with life skills necessary for success in our rapidly changing society.
- We believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive collaborative community of students, teachers, therapists and parents to promote social, emotional and academic growth.
- We believe that our students need to develop self-efficacy in order to be successful and achieve to their highest potential.
- We believe in combining instructional practices based on current research in order to foster high expectations and meet the diverse learning needs of both students and staff.
- We believe that students and staff need to acquire and utilize technological skills in learning.
- We believe that the optimal educational/therapeutic environment is one in which students challenge themselves and have opportunities to take initiative, to articulate confidently, clearly and imaginatively, to be creative, and to learn from their inquiry and experience.
- Label and recognize emotions
- Accurately recognize strengths and limitations
- Possess self-efficacy and self esteem
- Set plans and works toward goals
- Manage stress
- Display grit, determination, or perseverance
- Respect others (e.g., be open, accepting, listen carefully and accurately)
- Be open to other perspectives
- Appreciate diversity (recognize individual and group similarities and differences)
Responsible Decision Making
- Become self-reflective and self-evaluative
- Make decisions based on moral, personal, and ethical standards
- Accept responsibility for behaviors and actions that impact others