Providing extensive therapeutic support & productive collaboration that benefits our NJ students
New Alliance Academy is a private New Jersey high school that provides education and therapeutic services in the same building. This strategy of combining education and therapy avoids possible miscommunication between healthcare professionals and educators that happen when they work at separate facilities. This also eliminates scheduling conflicts. Our staff includes Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers.
- Each student is assigned a therapist and receives twice weekly individual and weekly family therapy.
- Group therapy takes place daily. Our therapists deal with the “here and now” of each student’s experiences, both in and out of school. Each student group is facilitated by the same primary therapist the students see individually, which enables these mental health professionals to delve deeper into issues that arise in either type of session and provide daily support our students need from day to day.
- Our students report that they enjoy the peer support they derive from “group” and develop more positive peer relationships through this process than they often can do in public school.
- We also have a consulting psychiatrist who offers bi-monthly therapy sessions, medication management as needed, and when appropriate, recommends evidence-based medical therapies to minimize symptoms that would otherwise interfere with learning. Our consulting psychiatrists will continue to provide medication monitoring when appropriate. These psychiatric services are included in the tuition.
- Support extends beyond the traditional school day, with 24/7 assistance and guidance during times of crisis.
Coordination of Care
At New Alliance we strongly believe in the value and importance of coordinated care. Regular team meetings ensure continuing communication among staff members, therapists, and doctors, which we have found is critical to our students’ success—and ours. Through our collaborative approach we establish and manage positive relationships with community-based providers, as we all work together for the benefit of each student and the family.